How to set up your website
Now that you understand the design challenge, you’re ready to take it on! Here is an outline of the process, although your own project might include extra steps, such as getting the CEO to approve the content:
- Planning. Time invested in planning at the start will avoid rework later. In particular, a clear understanding of the site’s purpose should inform the whole process.
- Content creation. You need to write your text and gather your pictures so that the website can be designed to present them in the best way.
- Web design. This involves many small steps. You’ll need to structure yoyr content, and design how it is presented. You also need to think about how people will move between different parts of your website. You might want to integrate a shopping cart or social networking features. You can commission a web design firm, or you can learn the technologies to design it yourself.
- Testing. To make sure your design works, you need to test it at regular intervals. Design is often an experimental process, with the designer implementing an idea, testing it with prospective site visitors, and using the feedback to refine the design.
- Launching the website. To make your website available to the public, you need to copy it onto a web server, which will send the web pages to your site visitors over the Internet. You will need to rent web server space from a hosting company.
- Promoting the website. Attract visitors by making it easy for people to find your site through search engines, adverts, and links.
- Measuring your success. Find out how well your site is fulfilling its purpose, and use that information to refine it.
The following two tabs change content below.
We are a creative WEB-DESIGN Agency based in Los Angeles. We build Responsive, Mobile-Friendy & SEO Optimized Websites. Best Prices on the market! We’ve been increasing conversions and sales on websites for over 15 years – and with some fantastic results!
Latest posts by WebWorks Agency (see all)
- WebWorks Agency Celebrated as a Leading Small Business Web Designer for 2019 - June 24, 2019
- 11 Google Tools You Should Be Using To Improve Your Business Marketing - April 14, 2019
- 7 SEO Trends You Need To Be Aware Of - January 20, 2017
- SEO Trends To Watch Out For In 2019 - January 20, 2017